After the huge BPA scare came out I threw out ALL plastics in my house even the so called ''safe'' plastics. Biggest issue was what was I going to use as utensils for the kids? After scouring the new I came across Bambu. What a wonderful alternative to plasic!

Bambu has a wonderful line of organically grown bamboo utensils for baby and child. Perfect size for little hands yet Mom or Dad can use them to when helping their little one out. There are two sizes available, a 2 pack of Baby Fork/Spoon Utensils and a slightly larger Childs Fork/Spoon Utensil pack. Both reasonably priced. The great thing about both utensils is that they actually work. The prongs on the fork can actually pierce food, something I always found frustrating about the plastic utensils. They were too blunt to actually poke food and never made it to the mouth without falling off. The spoon has the perfect shape, allowing even the runniest of baby food to stay put.

One of my favorite items is the Bambu Spork. I love this 2 in 1 concept of a spoon and fork. Again it's perfect for little hands especially those just starting to self feed. Even my 1 year old enjoys using it and has totally grasped the concept of both ends. My 3 year old just loves alternating between both sides. It's also is my must have when going out to eat because of then need to only need one utensil.

Some interesting facts I learnt about Bambu the company & bamboo the product:

  • It's a great, sustainable resource.
  • Can easily be grown organically as it flourishes easily.
  • It's naturally antiseptic.
  • Washes easily by hand.
  • Bamboo is durable, sturdy and strong - harder than Red Oak and Maple.
  • Products can be made in rural environments, reducing industrial and urbanization impacts.
  • The bamboo used in all the products from Bambu use the Moso bamboo is not a species consumed by the panda.
  • Also Bambu donates a portion of all proceeds to For the Planet and 15 other non profit organizations around the world.
Bambu utensils and other non toxic products are available at Rockpretty Baby

0 comments